Joint Head of Chambers - Call 1993
“Known to his peers as someone you can rely on to achieve a sensible and fair outcome. He is “trusted by the profession” for his work on public law children issues on behalf of local authorities, children and family members.”
“He is hard-working, incredibly likeable and fair. Not only is he a good advocate, but he just gives confidence that what he’s saying is fair and measured and balanced.”
Chambers & Partners 2016
Giles completed his pupillage within chambers and has been a member ever since. In 2016 he became Joint Head of Chambers alongside Chris Poole.
Giles undertakes all aspects of family work, including children matters in private and public law proceedings (representing Local Authorities, parents, third parties and children). Out of hours’ emergency work covered as well. Appearances in Family Proceedings Courts, County Courts, Crown Courts (PII matters), High Court. Proceedings from first appearance to final hearing in all the above-mentioned areas of work covered. Extensive experience in drafting (including pleadings, skeleton arguments, appeal documentation, practice direction documents, threshold documents and advices).
Involved extensively with Chambers administration and CPD lectures, given through New Court. Approved as a Pupil Supervisor through Lincoln’s Inn.
- The London Borough of Barking & Dagenham v SG & Ors  EWHC 3761 (Fam) 22 September 2014 – Further judgment of the High Court pending.
- B (A Child)  EWCC B55 (Fam) 17 January 2014
- Re S, K v The London Borough of Brent  EWCA Civ 926 – Court of Appeal
- Re W (Fact Finding: Hearsay Evidence)  EWCA Civ 1374 – Court of Appeal
- Re H (Children) (Sexual Abuse: Fact Finding)  EWCA Civ 525
- A London Borough v O and Others  EWHC(Fam) 2754