Barrister - Call 2007
Robert readily receives instructions on behalf of Local Authorities, parents, Guardians and interveners in public law children proceedings as well as the full range of private law children and Family Law Act work. Robert frequently acts in complex care cases involving allegations of serious physical, emotional and sexual abuse and has appeared at all levels from lay justices to the Court of Appeal. Robert also readily accepts instructions in Court of Protection matters.
Robert is fully qualified to undertake work on a Direct Access basis from members of the public.
Prior to commencing pupillage Robert spent two years working as a Legal Assistant with a firm of specialist family solicitors in London focusing on all aspects of public law and private law children matters including child abduction under the Hague Convention and urgent applications covered by the Family Law Act 1996. Robert also worked as an advocate in the County Court representing clients in housing matters (including mortgage repossessions and landlord & tenant), bankruptcy, insolvency and small claims trials.
Robert became a member of chambers in October 2012 upon successful completion of pupillage.
University of Newcastle Upon Tyne (Law LLB)
College of Law, London (Bar Vocational Course, Very Competent)
Neville Laski Pupillage Award (Inner Temple)
Family Law Bar Association
- Extension of Supervision Orders – Why It Pays For Local Authorities to Plan Ahead, 31 March 2015
- Wyatt v Vince – Supreme Court Gives Wife The Green Light, 11 March 2015
- Applications By Grandparents For Contact Remain High, 2 March 2015
- MOJ Research Into Impact Of LiPs Cross-Examining Vulnerable Witnesses, 27 February 2015
- Family Fundamentals, 26 February 2015