Barrister - Call 2012
Sabrina joined chambers in January 2016, having previously practiced on the North East Circuit at Parklane Plowden Chambers, and is a specialist family law barrister with experience in all areas of family law. Sabrina was shortlisted for the Jordan’s Family Law Young Barrister of the Year 2015.
Sabrina regularly acts for Local Authorities, parents and children. She has represented parties at interim removal hearings, case management hearings, issues resolution hearings and final hearings. Sabrina has been involved in cases involving neglect, non-accidental injuries and sexual abuse.
Sabrina also has experience in representing Local Authorities in Public Interest Immunity cases at the Crown Court.
Sabrina has represented parents in private law children proceedings. She has experience of child arrangements order applications and finding of fact hearings. Sabrina also has experience of specific issue order and prohibited steps order applications, applications for temporary leave to remove from the jurisdiction, cases involving internal relocation and cases involving change of name applications and applications in respect of parental responsibility. She has appeared in the High Court.
She has a good understanding of religious matters.
Sabrina has acted for applicants and respondents in non-molestation order and occupation order applications under the Family Law Act 1996. She has experience of without notice hearings and contested final hearings.
Court of Protection
- Six day Final Hearing in care proceedings acting for the Local Authority involving parents with borderline learning disabilities.
- Care proceedings where the Mother lacked capacity to litigate and was represented through the Official Solicitor.
- Represented a Mother in a successful relocation application.
- Private law proceedings involving a child arrangement order application and an application to temporarily remove the children to Mexico for a holiday.
- Acted on behalf of one of five Respondent’s in cross-applications for non-molestation orders where each party required an interpreter.
- Bar Professional Training Course, Very Competent, Manchester Metropolitan University (2012);
- LLB (Hons) 1st class degree, University of Leeds (2011);
- Sabrina was shortlisted for the Jordan’s Family Law Young Barrister of the Year 2015
- Pump Court Tax Scholarship, Middle Temple
- Winner of the University of Leeds senior years mooting competition (2010-2011)
- Swift v Dr Edbrooke (case report): Infertility claim succeeds against GP (Clinical Risk, September 2013)